SUPERIOR LANDSCAPE AND SECURITY LIGHTING
Safety and security are two fundamental applications for exterior lighting. They are comparable in nature, so the same lighting fixtures can often accomplish similar purposes. For instance, security lighting helps reduce home invasions and vandalism. Safety lighting protects homeowners and their guests from injuries caused by trips and falls in places that are not well lit. Landscape lighting is one of the most significant improvements that you can make to your home, regardless of its shape, size, or elevation. At Sarasota Litescape, we offer complete landscape lighting design solutions to add beauty and security to any home.
Our dedicated team of professionals provides outstanding customer service and superior craftsmanship. You will find the quality and expertise you have been searching for when it comes to custom landscape lighting.
LANDSCAPE AND SECURITY LIGHTING FEATURES
Yard lights used for security lighting are available for purchase from various electric or home improvement companies. They are usually mounted on tall posts to brighten large areas. They can also be installed on taller buildings. The lamp choices are commonly high-intensity discharge fixtures, and may be either metal halide or high-pressure sodium bulbs. The metal halide bulbs emit a soft blue or white light while the HPS bulbs will emit a yellow to orange light. Features and highlights include:
- Security and safety: light your way so that you know exactly where your steps will take you and avoid injury. Let intruders know that if they walk on to your property that they will not be able to hide in darkness.
- Ambiance and beauty: the right lighting can completely change the look of a landscape by accentuating its best features.
- Motion-activated floodlights: never have to worry about the need to turn on the lights when you need them. These lights will turn on when you need them and make intruders think twice.
- Added value: the right lighting will add value to your property.
- When used together, landscaping and security lighting can increase the protection, charm, ambiance, appeal, and value of your home. Our experts are available to help you shine the spotlight on the path to more beautiful surroundings.
SECURITY LIGHTING SERVICES
Firmly fixing security lighting at notable heights will deter tampering. They can also be guarded by a metal mesh cage or plastic guards. While spotlights are useful, floodlights are more popular because they illuminate a larger area. Some areas that should be illuminated are fenced-in yards, the areas closest to the house and driveways.
When installing and directing exterior lights, make sure that they properly illuminate the homeowner’s property. However, it is important that they do not shine through the windows of neighboring homes. Initial adjustments can be made during the day, but fine-tuning should be done after dark. If used with security cameras, lights should be placed and adjusted to prevent excessive shadows and glare.
CONTACT OUR LIGHTING SPECIALISTS TODAY
For more details on landscape and security lighting contact our specialists at Sarasota Litescape today. Our experts will be happy to discuss options and schedule a free, in-home consultation for your next project.